Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Saturday Snapshots: Ireland!


I'm SO excited that Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera is starting her Saturday Snapshot linkup! I'm just a tad late, but hey better late than never...right?! I loved participating in it last year. Basically, Saturday Snapshots is all about remembering moments in your life. Check out her blog for more information on this fun linky.

Here is the first glimpse of images from a trip to Ireland I took with my husband. It was amazing! We started in Dublin and road tripped it to Wicklow, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Galway, Belfast, Antrim Coast, and back to Dublin. Ireland is beyond beautiful. We went during December/January and new the weather wouldn't be the best. But that just adds to the adventure! We had some stormy days and some beautiful days. We did encounter a pretty hardcore storm...crazy winds that were moving our car, rain, thunder, lightning, and no power. Again, you can be upset or take the storm and run with it. We weren't going to let a little rain and wind ruin our trip!

Here are some of my favorite moments from that trip:


Wicklow Mountains
On our second day in Ireland and I got to drive on the left hand side through the Wicklow Mountains, encountering some black ice along the way. It was SO beautiful, words and pictures can't describe what my eyes saw.

This shot wasn't taken by me, but I love it! My husband has a good eye! 

Glendalough
 Glendalough must be one of the most beautiful corners of our world. It was breathtaking to be standing among an ancient monastic settlement founded by St. Kevin in the 5th century!









Cliffs of Moher
The day we visited the Cliffs of Moher it was quite wet. I was afraid they'd shut it down. They've been known to do so when the wind picks up. We were lucky and even in the rain it was a beautiful site. A bit dangerous though...when you get to a certain point there isn't a wall which I think is amazing (the walls obstruct the beauty, but I totally get why they are there), you continue on at your own risk. I will admit I was a bit afraid we'd slip and slide down the cliffs. 




Dingle Pennisula




Dunbeg Fort

Beehive Huts



Ring of Kerry

Staigue Fort



Kilkenny


Poulnabrone Dolmen

The Burren


I can't wait to check out everyone's photos!





post signature

4 comments:

  1. These snapshots are just breathtaking! It's like being there!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are AMAZING! Ireland looks like a fabulous place to visit. I'm so jealous. I really need to start taking pictures of landscapes. You have definitely inspired me. LOVE it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Ireland! It's BEAUTIFUL! The pics of the Cliffs of Moher almost remind me of driving on the PCH in Big Sur. You took some awesome shots and so did your hubby!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I like to reply to them via email! Please make sure and check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment back to you via email. Thanks for reading my blog!