Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter Celebration Party Ideas

I'm sure this isn't the first you've seen any of these ideas, as they are all over the Internet and Pinterest. Of course this post won't do you any good until next year, but I'm sure you all know how crazy the last week of school can be!

This year I thought I'd make some holiday favors for my kids. Everything was super easy, definitely manageable, and pretty inexpensive. The best part was that my students got a kick out of the everything!

Melted Snowman:
You'll need the following:
  • Full sized water bottles (if you get the small water bottles the labels will be way to big)
  • Melted Snowman labels (free) from this site . I'm not sure who was the original creator of these labels. I've seen the same label on many different sites.
  • I used packaging tape to tape them onto the water bottle.
Snowman Soup
You'll need the following:
  • Hot coco pouches
  • Candy canes
  • Hershey's Kisses
  • Mini marshmallows
  • Ziploc baggies
  • Snowman Soup Poem (I thought I saved the link to the labels I used, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. When I do, I will post it. ) There are tons of labels out there, with slightly different poems. Here are two I liked, but was unable to use because I was running out of color ink. That's what happens when I create this stuff the night before! Love these red labels found at the Paper and Pigtails blog and this label is super cute over at Simply Kiersti's blog
Just throw all the ingredients together and viola you have Snowman Soup!

White Chocolate Festive Pretzels
You'll need:
  • 1 bag of white chocolate baking morsels (chips)
  • 1 bag of pretzels
  • festive sprinkles
So, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE white chocolate covered pretzels. I decided to make my own this time and they were so much better than the store bought ones! My husband has even asked me to make them again. I also loved how quick and easy it was to make them.

Just melt the white chocolate chips (I melted one cup at a time in the microwave for one minute). After mixing it, you are ready to dip the pretzels into the white chocolate and make them pretty with the sprinkles.


post signature



1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to get together snowman soup this year and just ran out of time. Maybe I will do it in January. I did give my kids snowman poop aka marshmallows. So gross and funny all at the same time.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I like to reply to them via email! Please make sure and check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment back to you via email. Thanks for reading my blog!