Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Stocking Stuffers with Thoughtful Notes

I wanted to have my students create something festive for the holiday. My one criteria was it had to be quick and easy! Time was running out...story of my life! I grabbed this idea from Thank God It's First Grade.  She has everything you need (the template for the stocking and the note cards) on her page and it's free! Isn't she amazing! The students make their own stockings and they stuff each other's stockings with warm, thoughtful, friendly notes. I LOVED the idea and was keeping my fingers crossed my students would as well.

Even the big kids like activities like this! I seriously have the sweetest group of students ever!

I went ahead and photocopied the stocking on red and white card stock. I didn't have envelopes handy in the classroom, so I had the kids make envelopes out of green construction paper. They wrote their names on the front and some even decorated their envelope. Next year, I will definitely give them more time so they can decorate. I plan on rolling this out the beginning of December, not two weeks before we head off to winter break. This way they will have a few weeks to write each other notes.

On Friday, during our holiday celebration, they will get their stockings and read all the wonderful notes their classmates wrote to them.

Of course next year, I will have a much prettier display! It was crunch time! I tore down some posters and slapped these babies up.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. The stockings look really cute all hanging up in rows. I will definitely need to try this next year. Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I like to reply to them via email! Please make sure and check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment back to you via email. Thanks for reading my blog!