Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday Snapshots: Portland!

Gosh, I feel so out of the loop in the blogging world! I was out of town last week visiting some super awesome friends in one of my favorite cities (Portland) and didn't look at a computer or even log on via my phone.

My trip to Portland was super exciting because one of my best friends from childhood is getting married next year and she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! Super excited for her big day. Her and her soon to be hubby threw a wonderful engagement party. I've been to Portland a few times prior, but this was one of the best times I've had there! We hit up the coolest bars and breakfast places ever! Another one of my longtime childhood friends lives in Bend, OR about 3 hours south. Her and her hubby drove up and took me to the most beautiful place ever...Silver Falls. We hiked the shorter loop of the Trail of Ten Falls. We saw 6 out of the 10 waterfalls. These waterfalls were amazing! They definitely beat the waterfalls of CA!

I don't know about you, but I grew up loving the Goonies movie! We drove up to the Oregon coast to Astoria and paid a visit the Goonies house. Super rad! Then we moved along the coast to Fort Steven's Beach to check out real wreckage of an old ship wreck that happened in October of 1906!

I know there are quite a few photos, but as I've said before my camera is never far from my arms reach!

Linking up with Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera for another Saturday Snapshot installment!

So my Saturday Snapshots tell some of the tales of my Portland adventure:


Silver Falls, Oregon

Taking a breather.
My friend Misty and myself in front of the second waterfall. Two of the waterfalls you could walk behind. 
View from behind the first waterfall. I fell in love!
Misty and her husband behind the first waterfall
 I just HAD to walk across the fallen tree!

Fort Steven's Beach, OR
Joy and myself on Fort Steven's Beach in front of the ship wreckage. Gorgeous beach!
Seaside, OR
The end of the Lewis and Clark trail.
Astoria, OR
The Goonies House!
View from the Goonies house
Portland, OR

Setting up for the engagement party!
Flowers from Joy's yard!
 
Dancing the night away...had to get at least one camera phone shot. Taken by my friend Julie!
 





post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love the waterfall pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portland looks beautiful and I'm totally jealous about seeing the Goonies house! Such a great movie!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your pictures are so pretty. I've never been to Oregon but I have a really good friend there. Also two friends just moved to Seattle. I definitely want to visit now from looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fantastic week! (Sometimes taking a break from the computer is a GOOD thing.)

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures! I know what you mean about taking a break! While on my vacation, I didn't really get online except to look for new restaurants to try! I can't believe you were able to visit the Goonie House! So jealous! Glad you had a great time :)

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Lauren you definitely have to one of these days!! Lots to see. :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I like to reply to them via email! Please make sure and check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment back to you via email. Thanks for reading my blog!