Sunday, September 29, 2013

Teaching Tolerance Free Historical Videos

I feel that as teachers it is so important for us to teach our students the importance of showing empathy and tolerance of others. I wanted to share a great resource I came across a few years ago. The following website Tolerance.org has free video kits for teachers on the following topics: The Civil Rights Movement, The Children's March, bullying, and the Holocaust (This video seems to be in high demand. I was fortunately able to order a few weeks ago and now it isn't listed on the form).

The discs are relevant and grade level appropriate (some are geared more for upper elementary). I like how the videos consist of actual footage from the historical events and interviews of those who were involved. The video's allow for great discussions amongst students. I will post discussion threads on our classroom blog (I use kidblog and love it as do my students) for my students to use as a basis to discuss the topics at hand.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I like to reply to them via email! Please make sure and check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment back to you via email. Thanks for reading my blog!