Sunday, September 1, 2013

Saturday Snapshots::: A little bit of this and that:::

I can't believe it has been weeks since I last posted! You all need to tell me your secrets on how you can stay on top of blogging. It has been a whirlwind few weeks. I am all moved in and settled at my new school site and I couldn't be happier! I love everyone I work with and my group of students are AMAZING! Such a sweet group of kids with a zest for learning. I can tell we are going to have a great year. I think once I get more into the groove of things I will be posting more regularly. My students are in the midst of our big Native American project. Last year, my students amazed me with their projects and I can't wait to see what my kids come up with this year. I will be posting on that once they are done. So stay tuned!

Linking up again with Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera! for her Saturday Snapshots. I know, I know, technically it's Sunday...but whose counting anyways :)

I met up with an old teaching credential buddy of mine for some lunch and shopping on Friday (we both had the day off). I was supposed to be shopping for a gray bridesmaid dress. However, I ended up finding some seriously amazing red wedges. They were screaming my name, so I just had to... I do after all have a year to find a bridesmaid dress.

A few weeks ago, we had a surprise going away dinner for a colleague/friend of mine. We both left our school to venture on to new teaching opportunities that came our way this school year. I must say my friends are super sweet. They also surprised me with a frame in which all my favorite peeps signed a nice little note and a few bouquets of beautiful flowers. 


Today my hubby and I decided to brave the triple digit heat and explore a little ghost town. The one nice thing was that we were the ONLY ones out there and had the whole place to ourselves! I've always loved exploring and learning about the past. This little oil boomtown is called Mentryville. There isn't much left of it now (Felton school house, an outhouse, a 13 room mansion, barn, random oil machines/tools), but it was still fun to explore and ponder about what life may have been like for the pioneers who lived here.








 post signature

5 comments:

I love reading your comments and I like to reply to them via email! Please make sure and check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment back to you via email. Thanks for reading my blog!